Popular movie director Mac Collins Chidebe has blasted actress Genevieve Nnaji for insulting Nollywood, the industry that gave her the fame and the food she is eating today. Read what the man has to say: "Genevieve has just insulted the industry that made her who she is today and what effort has she made to help improve Nollywood? Those days in Enugu when Genevieve was growing in Nollywood, our movies were not rubbish; she has grown now, made money, fame, popularity e.t.c, how much has she invested in this Industry that made her? "All the while she was busy waiting for Titanic scripts, Nollywood was trying their best to keep the flag flying waiting for her to come back and take the industry to the next level. Artistes should stop biting the fingers that fed them . We are watching and waiting for them to bring down heaven. We made them stars; we are waiting for them to come back and take the industry to the next level. Instead of blasting Nollywood, come and improve Nollywood." Genevieve had accused Nollywood of producing mediocre movies after the same movies made her popular in many ways and even richer than she had imagined. Below is what Genevieve said about Nollywood... “I guess I haven’t found the right script yet. Creativity and depth are the qualities that I look out for in a script. In the beginning, the movie industry emphasised quantity but things are changing and there is an improvement in trend. I am among the people who advocate for the improvement of the industry. So said, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part in. I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. "Having practiced my art in international & professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterized Nollywood in the past.”

1 comments:

  1. I haѵe loaded your blоg in 3 completеly different broԝsers
    and I must say your blog loads a lot faster then most.

    Would yοu mind e-mailing me the name of your hosting company?

    My personal e-mail is: esmeralda_humes@yahoo.de. I will
    even sign up through your own affiliate link if you'd like.
    Thanks!

    Feel freе to surf to my web site Fibroids Miracle book Review

    ReplyDelete

DoppasBlog.com is a 360 degree Blog relying on past, present and future platforms to deliver accurate and up- to- the minute news, entertainment and information to audiences wherever they are .

We are committed to covering the entertainment industry in Nigeria objectively and responsibly , celebrating the best of our stars , and condemning whatever might stand on the way to excellence .

Should you have any complaints about any article( s) please contact us via +2348030831036

 
Top